If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dublin bits

Greeting from rainy Dublin!
*
I arrived today around 10am. I hopped on an AirLink bus, which is a double-decker. I loved sitting on the second level, watching the city through the glass windows.
*
My hotel wasn't very far from the bus stop. Thank goodness. I was lugging around three bags. I usually only travel with two bags, but I had to bring along copies of my book to sell (hopefully!) at the Cork Spring Poetry Festival.
*
Look at me, Ma! I'm selling books. Ha.
*
I checked into my hotel, which is on Fleet Street. Then I took a nap. I needed a few hours of rest! I can't sleep on planes. I spent the flight watching episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" and listening to David Bowie.
*
Dublin is a lovely city. Even in the rain. I spent the afternoon walking around. Taking a few pics.
*
I had the most amazing Irish stew at a pub. When I didn't finish my Guinness, the bartender gave me a dirty look. Oops!
*
More soon!


1 comment:

Jeannine said...

If you meet a guy named James O'Sullivan , and he runs New Binary Press, tell him hi from me! That's my publisher - and I think he lives in Cork! Soooo jealous! Cork Poetry Festival would be a dream!