If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, January 17, 2013

back bits

I'm back in NYC. Today was cloudy and rainy. My kind of day.
*
Have you heard? Richard Blanco is the Inaugural Poet! I can't stop smiling.
*
I start teaching next week. I bought school supplies this evening: pens, folders, paper, a new printer. And a Smurf backpack. Just kidding. Maybe.
*
Booked three nights at a hotel in Dublin. I'm staying in the Temple Bar area, which is party central. Don't worry, dear readers, I won't go crazy in Ireland. Trust me. I don't like to get drunk. Heck, I don't even like the taste of beer. Yucky stuff.
*
I almost booked a room at a castle! But the castle was too far from downtown Dublin. I want to be in the middle of everything.
*
I'm so behind. My to-do list keeps growing. But here I am blogging. Sigh.
*
Rain
Rain
Rain
*
Am I the only person not watching Downtown Abbey? I think I might be. I have no interest in watching it. What's wrong with me?

2 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Oh please have Smurf backback for real, please...and bring it to AWP!

Bernadette Geyer said...

I do not watch Downton Abbey. You are not alone. I am sure it is a fine program. I just cannot commit myself to a TV series other than Househunters International at this point.