If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, December 16, 2012

bits

Carmen Calatayud: "...writing is a communion and communication with my ancestors, and the ancestors of the land where I live and have lived. This communion comes through at times when I’m alone writing. I use meditation, yoga, poetry and brainstorming with words that appeal to me to help me connect with my own spirit and ancestral spirits as I write."
*
Tomorrow I leave for Arizona. I can't wait. I miss the desert. I miss my family.
*
Ron Slate: Eighteen Poets Recommend New & Recent Collections
*
Two words that terrify me: Xmas shopping.
*
The new installment of Boxcar Poetry Review is up! Please check it out.
*
Writing, revising: I know one song. One song. I know. One.
*
Shara Lessley on Paula Bohince: "Bohince's poems are so familiar in their emotional register that as I pour over her lines, I almost feel as though I'd written them myself. It's quite eerie—in the most wonderful way. The first time I sat with "Everywhere I Went That Spring, I Was Alone," "Owl in Retrograde," and "Silverfish," I audibly gasped. Time and again, I am humbled by Bohince's powerful subtly, her gift for mining the natural world in such quiet, yet transformative ways."
*
I miss saguaros.

1 comment:

andreakbeltran said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time in Arizona. I'm sure the saguaros have been missing you too.