If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, August 06, 2012

CantoMundo testimonios

Juan Luis Guzmán on CantoMundo:

"There is awesome and transformative power in community. If you’re lucky, coming together with community can be a baptism of sorts, something like purification. For me, CantoMundo was more than this. CantoMundo was complete rebirth. I found myself challenged by the other fellows, discombobulated by workshop lectures and faculty notes, and torn to pieces by masterful readings and discussions. In the midst of this, I had time to reassemble myself, to discard what wasn’t working, and to weld the familiar fragments of myself to the newly discovered pieces. In the end, I boarded the plane wearing beautiful new skin..."

More here.

No comments: