If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

bits

Anna Journey: "My father was once mistaken for a hit man."
*
Summer is over.  Really?
*
There's no coffee shops in Rego Park. I only have one option: Panera.  Yes, dear readers, you read that correctly. I spend hours at the local Panera. Reading, writing, sipping bad coffee.  Oh the shame!
*
Thanks, Stephen Mills!  Sorry about the snakes.
*
I'm going to Berlin! Sometime in October, I hope. I was going to go to Barcelona, but I really want to be surrounded by a language I don't undertand. I want to struggle to express myself.  I want to fight with words. I want to hear new music.
*
"Corral leaps back and forth between Spanish and English in his poems, employing an interesting element of coded language to his work, but I didn’t feel that this distanced me as someone who doesn’t speak Spanish. If anything, it drew me in closer."
*
How do you say "hello, handsome" in German?

No comments: