If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, July 19, 2012

bits

Me.  Jean Valentine.  Lillian Vernon House.  NYU.  July 12, 2012.

*
hello!  long time no blog.  my apologies, dear readers.  i've been busy loving life in NYC, writing new drafts, and eating.  you know i love to eat!
*
jeannine hall gailey is the new poet laureate of redmond, washington.  what wonderful news!
*
check out kin. a new online journal with an international scope. 
*
i had a book party at nyu last week.  jean valentine, one of my literary idols, introduced me.  just look at my face in the pic!  i'm thrilled beyond belief!
*
i was so nervous about the book party.  what if nobody showed up?  what if i fainted as i read?  etc.
*
many thanks to all the people who attended the book party.  here's a lovely write-up. 
*
i'm so blessed.  i'm so grateful.
*
the poet natalie diaz was recently featured on the pbs newshour!

2 comments:

Jeannine said...

Thanks for the shout out! Wish I could have been at that book party!

Tracy said...

That write-up is indeed lovely. I so wish I was still living in Stamford so I would have been able to attend.