If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

bits


late next month i'm going to spend five nights in paris. did i really just type that sentence? i did!
*
i'm staying in the heart of paris. close to the palais garnier and the louvre.
*
i can't wait for shara lessley's first book. it comes out this march.
*
i'm sure i'm going to get lost walking around in paris or while using the métro. but who cares! i will be lost in paris.
*
Wander to the studios at 1:30 PM for an intentionally late lunch, because I can't handle the hum & scrum of the conversation.
*
i want to thank my little poems for sending me to paris. oh my little poems!
*
i'm a big fan of david welch's poems; spork press just published four new ones. i wish i'd written these lines: I told him I remember my father/asked me once to strangle/a still alive and wounded quail.
*
what am i going to do in paris? walk around. eat. walk around. eat. eat. eat. basically, the same things i do in nyc. ha.

1 comment:

Supervillainess said...

Budget money for taxis, which are great when you're lost in the 17th or something. The metro's not that tough to navigate, and I'm saying that as someone navigation-challenged. Be sure to try some cassoulet, some steak frites, some tartes abricots, and hang out at a zinc bar.