If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, December 25, 2011

bits


gratitude, thankfulness, gratefulness, or appreciation is a feeling, emotion or attitude in acknowledgment...
*
i get very emotional when i think about this year. i have a book coming out in april. i'm living in nyc. dreams do come true.
*
thank you, my little poems.
thank you, carl phillips.
thank you, the whiting foundation.
*
i can't wait to attend awp chicago. i want to thank many of you in person. you, my fellow poets. you, my fellow bloggers. your support has meant the world to me. i didn't get here on my own. i know that.
*
today i wrote three lines that i'm very happy with. three lines!! that's a lot for me.
*
thank you, robert hayden.
thank you, cd wright.
thank you, luis omar salinas.
thank you, josé montoya.
thank you, henri cole.
thank you, lorna dee cervantes.
thank you, bei dao.
thank you, jean valentine.
thank you, rita dove.
thank you, robert vasquez.
thank you, donald justice.
*
why am i thanking these poets? their poems have influenced my work; my first book is an homage to their work.
*
okay, i'm starting to get teary eyed! ha.
*

No comments: