If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, December 04, 2011

Bits

hola, readers!! long time no blog. I've been busy exploring NYC, looking for a room in a good place, and attending readings. I've been here for a week and i've already been to four lit events.
*
i'm blogging using my iPhone. i love it. I haven't gotten lost once and when i'm out and about, I can google what's nearby, etc. i know this is old news to most of you but i'm late to the party.
*
sending a shout out to the lovely NYU mfa student who recognized me and said hello!! Please, forgive me. i'm terrible with names. but she knows who she is.
*
i'm walking around like crazy. i love stumbling upon a cool coffee shop or small bookstore.
*
this is a city of beautiful people. i feel out of place. ha.
*
i don't know how to link with this new toy, but i have two poems in the december issue of Poetry, which you can read online. i also have a poem in the new issue of jubilat.
*
off to central park to read.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

As I read your post I imagine this desert westerner, walking at a pace slightly slower than his surrounding, hectic crowd. Perhaps a slightly puzzled look, lips parted..looking above the crowd, your lips begin to move in slight motion as you are talking to yourself quietly, then looking down to your phone, trying to orient yourself to what is around you. Of course, no true new yorker will stop to point the way....good thing men are born with a map to the world, it is for this reason you infrequently ask for direction. =)