If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

does this residency make me look fat?

i'm in new mexico. albuquerque, new mexico.
*
i arrived yesterday.
*
why am i here? i was lucky enough to get a month-long residency at the national hispanic cultural center.
*
i don't know many people in this city. do you live albuquerque? let's have coffee!
*
my office walls are bare. need to fix that. smurf poster?
*
yesterday i was surrounded by hunks. i noticed a few studs hanging around my gate at the airport. then i noticed another group of hunks. then another group! my first thought: the rapture did come and i'm now in heaven. second thought: does my hair look good? anyway, 20 or so hunks were milling around. they all were dressed in slacks and nice shirts. each one made my heart skip. maybe they're all business men going to a conference: i said to myself. then i overhead one hunk talking to another and found out the truth. they were tripe A baseball players. they played for the skysox. i was in heaven after all! i love baseball players. hell, it's the only reason i watch baseball games.
*
i still haven't found a good coffee shop.
*
ristas

No comments: