If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, April 04, 2011

airport bits

i'm at the manchester airport.
*
today was my last day at macdowell.
*
i'm stupid. i forgot to leave my studio/bedroom keys at the front office. i noticed i still had them in my pocket AFTER i was dropped off at the airport. i called back the handsome man who gave me a ride and he was kind enough to loop back to pick them up. thanks, scott!!!
*
two months spent in the woods. what a gift.
*
the macdowell colony will always have a special place in my heart. it was my first colony way back in '06. and this time...i still get emotional when i think about it...forgive me...this time, during my first week in residence, i found out my manuscript had been selected for the yale series of younger poets.
*
dreams do come true.
*
back to southern arizona for a bit. then a reading in el paso, texas. and then a month-long residency in new mexico.
*
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you

No comments: