If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, February 20, 2011

colony bits

no work today. did some email. walked downtown to buy a few things: root beer, visine, hand soap, raisins, a chocolate bar and V8.
*
i'm going to spend another birthday away from my family. sigh.
*
it was cold today. the sun was out, but the temperature didn't climb above 35 degrees.
*
i'm still on cloud nine.
*
i'm going to make a fire tomorrow. i think. if it snows tomorrow, then i will make a fire.
*
thanks for the postcards/notes: sean, john o., and matthew t.
*
today's picnic basket contained a yummy treat: an onion tart! my first.
*
thank you thank you thank you.
*

1 comment:

Martha Silano said...

It sounds divine, Eduardo.

V-8 always a good idea (lots of potassium!).

Chocolate and raisins: a favorite combo.

You are very much making me tempted to apply to McD. Too bad you can't bring along your family.

You are making me very antsy to get to my writing retreat, which I have scheduled for early March. At this particular colony the cottages have those gas fireplaces. Wimpy, but I would be a little nervous about lighting an actual fire. Hope you don't burn down your studio!