If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, January 23, 2011

bits (and bits!)

5 days and counting!
*
When Art Dallied With Poetry on 53rd Street
*
I will be in NYC this Friday. It will be my first time in the city during the winter season. I'm afraid that I won't be able to walk around as much. That's my favorite part!
*
Nathaniel Perry has won the APR/Honickman First Book Prize! Congrats, Mr. Perry.
*
My winter boots arrive tomorrow. I ordered them off Zappo.com. They better fit.
*
I'm not going to buy many things while I'm in the city. I just a need a few things to take to the MacDowell Colony. Like: fancy soaps, good tea, body spray.
*
Yes, I did send my ms to the APR/Honickman contest. For a few minutes I started freaking out that I didn't win. Ha. Sad, no? But then I set aside those feelings and began work on a new poem.
*
I'm going to vist this store Friday!

5 comments:

Steve Fellner said...

Hi,

Nathaniel Perry's poems are sooooo boring. I just looked some up on line. Or may be they're not that bad. I don't know. It's just that I remember reading them in 1803.

Steve Fellner said...

That was mean. I just found out that they the author's great great great grandfather is Wendell Berry. Figures. (Is Wendell Berry dead?)

Eduardo C. Corral said...

Steve, be nice! I will buy the book when it comes. I might even ask him to do an e-talk for Boxcar.

Tracy said...

Try this store for the rest of your shopping list: http://sabonnyc.com/

Give NYC a big hug for me. Have a wonderful trip!

Luke said...

Perry's a super-good dude. I bet he'd rock an interview for Boxcar...