If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, December 06, 2010

bits

*
i'm a chicano poet. thank you very much.
*
have i started shopping for xmas? hell no.
*
here are more macdowell colony pics. go ahead. click on the link. you know you want to.
*
hi, gc waldrep!
*
don't forget to feed my fish.
*
i might be giving a reading in texas next year. i'm a lone star. giddy up.
*
call me crazy, but i love xmas music. don't you? at work that's all they play. a lot of my co-workers are already sick of the tunes, but not me. there's one christmas song that always makes me a bit weepy. but i'm not going to tell you which one. you might use that song against me.
*
i like egg salad.
*

7 comments:

stacebro said...

Is it "I'll be Home for Christmas"? That one always gets me.

Diane K. Martin said...

I spent 6 years in the band in junior high and high school. It was a very long time ago, but I can still play the Christmas medley on both flute and piano!

Erika said...

The John Lennon Christmas song always makes me teary-eyed.

George said...

I thought you were a xicano poet.

Kells said...

Your macdowell links and photos always inspire. I live vicariously through you and the others who have gone.

I like egg salad too.

RC said...

Chicano poets are a dying breed,
welcome to the club.

Leslie said...

The Royal Guardsmen--Snoopy's Christmas. Youtube link here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rx17EDelnc

I want to apply to MacDowell and also offer a residency--someone could stay in my house with the dogs while I was at MacDowell. Would that work?