If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, October 23, 2010

bits

hi, diana park!
*
THE WATER’S PIETY IN DOUBT AND QUESTION: J. Michael Martinez
*
This one-week residency includes lodging and continental breakfast on Orcas Island in Washington State.
*
i need to stop stressing over my f**king ms. i'm this close to a nervous breakdown. a poet recently told me to "cool thy nerves." ha. i'm trying! i'm trying!
*
are you sending out your ms this fall?
*
ray rojas: i always ask these to all authors/poets: What did this last decade bring to Chicano(a) Literature?

michael luis medrano: to think about the last decade of Chicano Literature is really a question about how I came into writing and why I've continued on this path. I can say the last ten years has brought many fine writers who could've had publishing careers if they would have stuck with learning the craft.

huh? michael, you are telling me if we chicano/a poets "learned" our craft then the publishing houses would beg to publish our work? you got to be kidding. often it's not a question of craft. it's about timing, good luck, and connections. look at you, craftmaster, your second ms is still looking for a publisher.
*
good lord, am i really that bitter and small?
*

3 comments:

Jeannine said...

Eduardo, don't stress over your MS! Really! It's the worst thing for writing new poems...

Steve Fellner said...

Eddie,

Can you please send me a list of where you're sending your ms? I want to send mine to the same exact places.

Eduardo C. Corral said...

stevie, hush.