If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

submission bits

man, it's hot.
*
j. michael martinez interview: The book went through about three major manifestations. It was originally in the order of my MFA thesis. Two years after my MFA I realized what each section was articulating: certain poems had ideological and imagistic relationships.
*
i have five poems ready to go, which is a lot for me. i guess i should wait another month or so before i send them out. afterall, a lot of journals start accepting submissions in august/ september. duh. why am i typing that? we all know that.
*
what's american about american poetry?
*
these posts are missing some snark!
*
this past spring and early summer i sent out two poems to three different journals. not simultaneously; one journal at a time. all three journals rejected the poems. big deal, no? yes, it is! to me. i think these two poems are among my best. i'm emotionally attached to these poems. i freaking adore these poems. but the editors/ readers of these journals did not find them suitable for their pages. oh well. i'm not changing the poems.
*

1 comment:

Justin Evans said...

I have about six or seven subs out. All are sim-subs from two different batches, though one doesn't count because their policy is to get in touch almost immediately or to assume rejection has taken place. My books are out to one place each, though I have a query out to a press, so I hope I hear back on that soon.

Don't change those poems.