If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

bits

two days until cantomundo! oh my.
*
corn shake will be blogging for p-shares this summer. check out the baby pic!!
*
three poems by gary mcdowell
*
i'm finally happy with the structure of my manuscript. about freaking time!! instead of five sections, i now have three. five sections gave the poems too many "rooms" to wander through. often the poems would nap in one room, but would wake up in another room! it was so confusing.
*
The appointment last week of 82-year-old William Stanley Merwin as the U.S. poet laureate both honors his 58-year contribution to American arts and letters and returns the largely ceremonial post to the realm of the traditional white male poet...
*
i'm dancing, mother.
*
Matthew Hittinger: One of my favorite mentors in graduate school, the Jamaican poet Lorna Goodison, reminded us the sun and moon were always going to be there; it was what we did with them, the challenge of revivifying the old forms and images, that was our task. I’ve taken that very much to heart.

No comments: