If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, June 20, 2010

wild nothing bits

i was going to drive to the cantomundo retreat happening early next month but then i realized it was going to take me about eight hours to get to alburquerque. eight hours is a long time, folks. also, i was going to drive alone. myself. in a car. with hundreds of miles to drive. no thank you!
*
so i just booked my flight on southwest airlines. little more than an hour each way. what a difference!
*
love love love this track: chinatown by wild nothing.
*
have i told you how excited i am about the cantomundo retreat? i just can't wait. cynthia cruz is going to be there!
*
Like a Jose Garcia Villa poem, it was magical...
*
the macdowell colony cut some wires: I’m writing this from the MacDowell Colony, an artist’s retreat in the woods of New England, and I am sitting in the one spot on the property with Internet access. There used to be two buildings wired here, but apparently the place was taking on the continual-partial-attention quality of a midtown Starbucks, with everyone hunched over their laptops after dinner instead of talking to each other...
*
i have a lot of titles. but no poems.
*
also love love love this track: summer holiday by wild nothing. the song brings to mind early joy division, no?
*
the library at the macdowell colony was one of my favorite places to hang out. i would often go there in the middle of the night or early in the morning; i loved being there alone. i would tinker on the piano, i would close my eyes and think of life on other planets, i would read and read.

No comments: