If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

bits

started work on a new poem last night. felt good. the working title is "mojave shovel."
*
i am not missing awp dc. no way. not going to happen.
*
i heard "silent all these years" on the radio today. man, i'd forgotten what a great song it is. your mother shows up in a nasty dress/ it's your turn to stand where i stand...
*
no work today.
*
pics from the one poem festival. thanks, oscar b.!
*
should i tell steve fellner that my last name has only one "l" in it? corral not corrall.
*
there's a guitar outside my window.
*
Everyone slams the AWP-crowd-scan conversational style, but I think it's just a fact of life there. Then again, I'm just looking for people I like and haven't seen in a year, not powerful people who can help my career. So don't take it personally that I did it when we were talking, please.
*
i need to send some poems out. this time i'm only going to submit to journals that accept online submissions. look at me! i'm so high tech-savvy.
*
my throat, trumpet.

2 comments:

newzoopoet said...

DC it is.

Rich Villar said...

Boo, NEC! Some of those teeny, blurry pics were of my fiancee.