If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, April 17, 2010

awp dc

i'm not going to miss awp dc! i'm thinking of proposing a panel or two. one celebrating robert hayden; the other a reading of past "discovery"/ the nation winners.

but there's no guarantee my panels will get picked up. so in order to increase the odds, i'm asking you for help.

are you planning a panel/ reading for awp dc? or even an off-site reading? well, good! i'm throwing my name into your hat. tacky, i know. but i really want to go to awp dc. and i want to be on your panel. or read for you/ with you.

i can contribute to many kinds of panels. including, but not limited to:

chicano/ latino poetics
gay poetry
donald justice tribute
blogging
gay latino poetry
the struggle to finish a first collection
garcia lorca tribute
post-mfa life
jose montoya tribute
poets who hated their time at iowa
ekphrastic poetry
the persona poem
southwest poetry
etc

i'm serious. email me and we'll talk.

thanks.

4 comments:

Steve Fellner said...

i think a bunch of us should propose a panel about poetry and blogging

Eduardo C. Corral said...

well, email me then!

Matthew Thorburn said...

I looked at the panel proposal info and decided it was too daunting to get into, but I plan to be there, in the audience at least.

Kells said...

I definitely think a panel on poetry and blogging is needed. Did they have one this year?