If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

propeller bits

i don't work tomorrow! yeah!!
*
so i got rejected by poetry magazine. a friend told me it probably didn't help that i'd recently made fun of a guy who reviews for the magazine. ha. i'm sure that was not the case. the screener just didn't like the poems i sent. end of story.
*
dora malech: let me explain.
*
i get goosebumps when a poet i adore says nice things about my poems. thank you, d.a. powell.
*
i need to buy a new bracelet for my upcoming reading in the east village. i wave my arms around when i read, and i like to have some bling glittering as i wave my arms like i just don't care.
*
omg. i'm going to read with henri cole. still can't get over that. i just hope i don't say something stupid to him.
*
there's a shop at union square where i've bought bracelets before. i hope they're still open. and yes, i buy bracelets designed for ladies. so what! guy bracelets are all leather and boring. i'm not into leather and i'm not into boring.
*
i've never been kissed in the rain. have you?
*
i really wave my arms around when i read. i become a plane propeller.
*

5 comments:

Kells said...

I've been kissed in the rain & I love that you both wear and say bling. I would love to see you read one day. I like bracelets too.

James Allen Hall said...

The first time my ex and I kissed, it was lightly raining on us in Houston.

Believe me, you don't want to go down that trail.

Suzanne said...

'i really wave my arms around when i read. i become a plane propeller.'

That's hot.

RJGibson said...

Yes, I've kissed in the middle of an August rain, in Baltimore.

I've begun waving around my left hand when I read...I dunno what the hell THAT'S all about.

Louise Mathias said...

up against a wall, in the rain, yes.