If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

bits

congrats to sandra beasley ! one of her poems will appear in best american poetry 2010.
*
am i the only one who thinks stephen burt is a hottie? i'd grope his envoi.
*
In most cultures, reciting poetry is not relegated to the poets, or to the alabaster halls of academia. People who never dreamed of being poets, and some who cannot read or write, recite their favorite poems at the slightest provocation. Poems are recited at parties, at the family dinner table, on the street. My students from Wales and Ireland describe how the poems of Dylan Thomas or William Butler Yeats are exchanged into the night at almost any local pub.
*
i have some good news! i am not pregnant.
*

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Thanks, Eduardo! & yes, I have a minor crush on Stephen Burt. For god's sakes, no one tell him.

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you're not pregnant. I have enough mouths to feed.