If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chills Down My Spine


next time i teach i'm going to use the third edition of helen vendler's poems, poets, poetry: an introduction and anthology, which comes out in october.

65 new poems make it one of the most inclusive introductory collections available. New additions include:

important canonical poets such as John Donne, Andrew Marvell, and Elizabeth Bishop;

well-known 20th century poets such as Charles Simic, Margaret Atwood, and Lucie Brock-Broido;

culturally diverse poets such as Victoria Chang, Eduardo Corral, Terrance Hayes, Srikanth Reddy;

new contemporary voices such as Shara McCallum, D.A. Powell, and Timothy Donnelly.


chills went down my spine when i found my poem in the table of contents. how cool is that?? freaking cool, i tell you!!!

Now, I just need to publish my first book. Ha.

12 comments:

Tomas Morin said...

Felicidades!

Leslie said...

Holy cow, E! That is so, so cool!!!

One more reason to adore the divine Ms V

Suzanne said...

Congratulations!

Matthew Thorburn said...

That's excellent!

greg rappleye said...

SWEET!

Diane K. Martin said...

Congrats, Eduardo, but was this the first you knew? Surely the publishers contacted you — even paid you?

Furnitude said...

You're in some incredible company. The ultimate company. Congratulations. If I were you, I wouldn't be able to stop screaming, "Helen Vendler knows I exist! Helen Vendler knows I exist!"

Keith said...

That's what I was thinking, Diane.

You didn't know about this, Eduardo?

First Ploughshares and now this? Hmmmm...

Jehanne Dubrow said...

Eduardo, that's fantastic! Many congratulations!

Justin Evans said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful news!

Eduardo C. Corral said...

thanks, guys and gals! use the anthology and teach my poem. ha.

diane and keith,

i'm a terrible prose writer; my post does make it sound like i didn't know about it, but i did know my poem had been picked for the anthology.

one of the readers for the anthology contacted me about a year and a half ago and asked me to send some poems. i sent some poems; she forwarded the poems to mizz vendler. and she picked one. simple as that.

Ivy said...

Congratulations, Eduardo! Woohoo!