If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Call for Submissions (For Keith Montesano)

The Normal School: A Literary Magazine: Now Accepting Submissions for Spring Issue.

Manuscripts are read from September 1 to April 30. Unsolicited manuscripts received between May 1 and August 31 will be printed out, sculpted into a political effigy, and burned ceremoniously in front of an unruly mob. Please address your submissions to the appropriate editor (i.e. Nonfiction Editor, Recipe Editor, Miscellaneous Editor, etc.). Please do not include pictures of yourself unless it is an extraordinarily funny picture of you wearing ridiculous glasses or unnecessarily tight pants with a large gravy stain. Please tuck an SASE in with your submission.

The Normal School accepts submissions at this address:

The Normal School
5245 North Backer Avenue
M/S PB 98
California State University, Fresno
Fresno, CA 93740-8001

Complete guidelines here.

***

Alex Espinoza showed me a copy of the magazine at Bread Loaf. It's a beautiful object. And the table of contents was loaded with impressive names. I should submit! Yes, I think I will. Join me, Keith!

1 comment:

Keith said...

Ah, but they don't let you submit electronically...

Still, it sounds like a good journal, even though the name is something that I don't like very much. But since I'm not an impressive name, they wouldn't want me anyway, right? :(