If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, September 28, 2009

bits

hot dang! the picture of pablo montero below is all kinds of hot. i'm melting, i'm melting...
*
lately, i've enjoyed verse daily way more than poetry daily. am i the only one?
*
imported more cds last night to my itunes library: the smiths, juan gabriel, don henley, sufjan stevens, morrissey, u2, leonard cohen, and alanis morissette.
*
everyday is like sunday. everyday is silent and grey...
*
the fear was in the northeast by g.c. waldrep.
*
once upon a time people left a lot of comments on my blog. now i'm lucky if i get one comment a post. i think facebook is to blame.
*
i did something naughty today.
*
contest season is here. and i'm scared! what if i'm one of those poets who spends years sending out before getting a hit? i don't want to be that poet. i mean no disrespect, but i don't want to be jennifer richter:
Her manuscript "Threshold" has been a finalist in twenty major book competitions, including the 2008 New Issues Poetry Prize and the 2008 Crab Orchard Series in Poetry Open Competition.

*
did i just jinx myself?
*
look who just won the 2009 crab orchard series in poetry!
*
do the right thing by adrian matejka.
*

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Well I have my fingers crossed that your book gets taken quickly.

For purely selfish reasons, though.

I want to read it.

It is all about me. Memememememe

Matthew Thorburn said...

I bet it won't take long, though it's not such a bad club to be in -- I mean it has some very nice members, if I may say....

Leslie said...

And I'm with you on the whole Verse Daily vs Poetry Daily cage match. I like the verse.

Diane K. Martin said...

Ahem. Like Matthew said.