If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

jfk bits

well, i'm at the jfk airport in nyc. waiting to board my plane to burlingotn, vt.
*
i forgot to pack my nice shoes.
*
i'm scanning the faces of the people waiting at the gate with me. i'm trying to find the writers. i think i found one! a fellow wearing a I LOVE BILLY COLLINS t-shirt. he must be going to bread loaf. or hell.
*
i'm kinda of nervous.
*
my breakfast: a green apple & a snapple. the price: a little under five bucks.
*
i totally forgot that everybody gets a roommate at bread loaf. i haven't had a roommate in years. it will be strange sharing a room with a stranger.
*
oh, oh, oh, i see someone holding an AWP tote. wait, it's an AWWP tote. what the hell is AWWP?
*
i just saw one of the pilots walk by. he's cute. big bald spot but cute.
*
i have to give a five minute reading while i'm at bread loaf. yes, you read that correctly. FIVE minutes. ha. each scholar only gets five mintues because there's like 15 of us.
*
i almost forgot to pack my notebook.
*

6 comments:

jeannine said...

Hope you have a great time! And hope you bring back gossip for the rest of us :)
Seriously, you're going to rock that five minutes!

Oliver de la Paz said...

I've got a big bald spot . . . but I'm not a pilot.

Have fun!

Leslie said...

bread loaf. or hell.

If this were facebook, I'd "like" this.

Matthew Thorburn said...

I'd love to see the two of you hanging out together, Leslie and Eduardo. Wish I was there.

I didn't realize at the time what a luxury my *8 minutes* to read at Sewanee was!

Jehanne Dubrow said...

Damn, Leslie stole what I was going to say. "he must be going to bread loaf. or hell." That's the best thing I've read in months!

Suzanne said...

Have a great time!