If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

bread loaf bits


where to begin?
*
i showered with james allen hall. twice.
*
to be surrounded by writers! the shoptalk. the playful banter. the gossip.
*
james, c.dale, james a., kara, celeste, matthew, eva, tom, maggie, alan, tomas, dave, sasha, peter w., leslie...
*
oh, the readings! some highlights for me include: jenny george, charles baxter, alex espinoza, louise gluck, roger reeves, matthew dickman, tom sleigh, c. dale young, benjamin garcia, peter campion, leslie harrison, sigrid nunez.

go team voltron!
*
somebody said this to me: eduardo, you're trying to write portraits of others, but you're really writing self-portraits.
*
brigit pegeen kelly read saturday night. she blew the top of my head off. after she read, i had to leave. i walked out of the little theatre before the third reader began. oh, that hive swinging over the black water of the ocean!
*
i had a great roommate: alan heathcock. very nice man. very nice hats.
*
to have a complete stranger come up to you and say: i read your poem in...
*
i hate the weather walrus. i hope he falls on his own tusks.
*
if you're looking for recaps of craft talks/ lectures then you're out of luck. i don't roll like that. but molly took notes and has been posting her observations on her blog. thanks, molly!
*
the conference re-energized my love for our art. thank you, bread loaf.
*
more later.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Thank you for the link, Eduardo!

xoxoxoxo

PS: How many times did I walk out of that theatre with my head blow off...

Kells said...

Thank you for your updates and photos.

I have never gone. I feel too old to go --Is it all twenty-somethings or is anyone 40?

I live vicariously through you.

Eduardo C. Corral said...

kells,

you should go! apply! apply! you will find all sorts of ages there. 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, etc.