If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, July 13, 2009

monday bits


Congrats to Brandon Som for winning the Tupelo Press Snowbound Chapbook Award. The judge was Corn Shake! Brandon was one of the first poets I met at Arizona State. We talked about poetry; read each other's work. He's a sweet and bright man. I'm very happy for you, Brandon!
*
I finished a new poem last night. What to know the title? Okay! "Dishwasher Wanted."
*
I'm blogging from a Starbucks.
*
A review of Robert Krut's The Spider Sermons.
*
Listening to Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea a lot these days. One of my favorite albums.
*
Where are all the handsome men? Usually this Starbucks is crawling with hot men but they're MIA today.
*
I love the photograph above. It was taken on the day of my niece's baptism. About three weeks ago. I just noticed that some white stuff is coating my tongue. Ha. It must be cake. The cake was so good, but I should know better: shut your mouth when someone is taking a photograph.

1 comment:

John Gallaher said...

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is a beautiful album.

I just had to testify.