If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, July 27, 2009

lesbian bits

current favorite track: "this tornado loves you" by neko case.
*
attention lesbian writers! arktoi books, an imprint of red hen press, is reading poetry manuscripts. complete guidelines here.
*
got a handwritten rejection note from beloit poetry journal today. they really liked two poems but the identity of the speaker in one poem was a bit unclear to them. they said something about the other poem but unfortunately i couldn't make heads or tails of the sentence.
*
currently reading: into the beautiful north by luis alberto urrea.
*
i like tennis.

3 comments:

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Eerie. I got a handwritten rejection from BPJ today saying they liked two poems in particular, and saying my language was "strong and" something I couldn't read the handwriting on.

James Allen Hall said...

Eduardo! I too love the tennis. Let's play on the clay court at Bread Loaf. See you soon!

Keith said...

The couple handwritten notes I've gotten from them are always seemingly direct but very cryptic in the end.

At least they take the time to write those notes I suppose. Sometimes.