If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, July 09, 2009

bits

how hot was it today? 108 degrees! and they say a heat wave is coming this weekend.
*
bruce smith: devotion: al green.
*
ever get the feeling you've unintentionally cribbed a line from another writer? i have two lines that are bugging me because i think i've seen them somewhere before. i hate that feeling! will you help me? read these two lines and tell me if you've seen them before in a poem, novel, craigslist ad, etc.

in his hands a saxophone is nothing like an ampersand

salt lick, slick asphalt: his sweat-rinsed & flickering skin


*
bruce smith: devotion: red roof in.
*
i really like taylor swift's "you belong to me" single. i can't help it.
*

1 comment:

Peter Joseph Gloviczki said...

Hi, Eduardo,

I just found your blog and am enjoying it.

I have this feeling all the time with haiku, but only once has it turned out that my poem was quite similar to another's. It's a strange feeling, I admit, and so I certainly understand what you mean.

Best, Peter