If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, April 02, 2009

is this thing on?

i'm at the library. so many ugly people reading books.
*
24 poets name some of their favorite titles
*
i'm killing my babies. tossed out some of the oldest poems in my mss this week. very painful. poems published in the nation, quarterly west, meridian gone. like i said: painful.
*
going to hear lenoard cohen this sunday! can't wait.
*
correction: there are no ugly people in the library. when you read a book you are beautiful.
*
this library chair is uncomfortable. my ass is falling asleep.
*
chickens!
*
...Sarah Manguso, very generously offered to read my manuscript and give me feedback. I remember being shocked when she mailed back the manuscript with some nice comments, but also with the recommendation that I cut over one-third of its poems. It was a little like cold water in the face...

1 comment:

Jehanne Dubrow said...

Eduardo, I want to teach a writing class called "Killing Your Babies." It would be just as you describe it: painful (but in that good way). I can't wait to read your book. I know it will be spectacular.