If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, April 27, 2009

bits

i've been a bad blogger.
*
i've been writing a lot. i've been working on a crown of sonnets. well, on a group of poems; each with 14 lines. each poem is built around a line from another writer. i'm using lines by ted berrigan, cherríe moraga, robert duncan, ofelia zepeda, maría meléndez. i'm also using corrido lyrics, and snippets from oral histories from women who lived in Califas in the 19th century. i'm envisioning these poems as a new section in my mss.
*
love love love krod mandoon and the flaming sword of fire.
*
with the sonnets i'm forcing myself to change my writing habits. i'm giving myself only three days to work on each sonnet. then they're done. no tinkering for months.
*
the new depeche mode disc sucks. and so far i'm not enjoying neko case's disc. and to top it off, i hate the latest disc by the decemberists.
*
holla!

No comments: