If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

back home bits

sorry for the lack of posts. no internet access at the house. but i do have access to all kinds of germs! i'm sick.
*
be still my beating heart! steve fellner has a blog.
*
i'm having a hard time re-writing my resume for real world employment. i have a poet's resume. i'm screwed! the human resources people at company xzy will not care about yaddo or the colgate fellowship. i might as well write "i steal" and "i don't shower" on my resume.
*
review: kevin a. gonzález's cultural studies
*
my throat hurts.
*

9 comments:

Diane K. Martin said...

Eduardo, you need two (or more!) resumes.

Feel better!

jeannine said...

Sweetie, I hear you on the throat hurting.

I'm not a professional like Steve S or anything, but I'd be happy to take a look at your resume and try to fix it up. E-mail me!

Suzanne said...

I lost my real life resume in the computer crash of '04. It will interesting to see what happens when I need it again. Feel better, E! xo

Leslie said...

I keep a work life resume and a poet life resume too. Sigh. And I'm always forgetting to update one or the other.

Feel better, soon!

Brent Goodman said...

I *heart* Cultural Studies. Got a signed copy in madison (what a nice guy too!)

Hope you feel better.

Hmm the resume. Are you applying for a writing job?

Brent

Booktender said...

Dude, we'd love to have you back in libraryland but we may not be hiring again until 2012. And if the Mayans are right it would only be a very short gig.

I'll keep you in mind if we do start hiring before that.

Steve Fellner said...

You better be sorry. I'm going to do my best to syphon off your readers.

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Business resumes are indeed different animals from academic/writing CVs...

Bradley Paul said...

If you're truly a poet, then you *do* steal and you *don't* shower. Have you considered applying for an executive banking position? ;-D