If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, February 26, 2009

vcca bits

had a nice birthday yesterday. spent the day reading, revising. some fellows surprised me with cake at dinner. i blew out the candles. well, i tried to blow out the candles, but they were trick candles.
*
this week at no tell motel: adam deutsch.
*
got some nice b-day gifts: chocolate, a book of poems, and card signed by the other fellows.
*
L=u=N=G=U=A=G=E: a chapbook by morgan lucas schuldt.
*
i'm waiting on some books that a friend bought for me at awp.
*
missed lunch today. went to the grocery store. bought some chicken fingers.
*
very warm day.
*
why am i the only latino writer at the vcca? where are the african american poets? the native american poets?
*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 40th Birthday, Eduardo!!!

Adam Deutsch said...

Thanks for the drop! I hope you dig them.

The word verification for this comment is "cowbom."

Anonymous said...

My friend started a fellowship to encourage writers of color to attend VCCA. Spread the word.
Deb @ 32