If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Friday, January 23, 2009

VCCA bits

I made it in one piece.
*
The VCCA is beautiful.
*
I can see horses from my studio window!
*
I'm sleeping in a twin bed! I haven't slept in a twin in ages.
*
The food is yummy. Tonight's dinner:

Beef stuffed with spinach and cheese
Potato fingerlings
Creamed squash
A nice salad
A glass of red wine
A cup of coffee
Cinnamon cake with vanilla ice cream

*
I like my studio. Two desks. A black book shelf. An armchair. A twin bed. Floor lap.
*
This is the first time my sleeping and working areas are separate. At Yaddo and MacDowell I had live-in studios. Here, I have a room in the Fellows Residence. (Think 70s university dorm but comfy!) And a studio at the studio barn complex.
*
Did I mention the horses?
*