If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

i didn't write these bits for you

My secret is lemons and Mop N Glow!
*
i'm at my sister's place.
*
out now: Maximum Gaga by Lara Glenum.
*
Once again too many bloggers have poems in this journal. But hey, I'm not on the masthead. I'm just a blogger who complains too much.
*
I'm reading an advance copy of THE VEILED SUITE: The Collected Poems of Agha Shahid Ali, which Norton will publish soon. It's a wonderful book, and it brings Shahid back with such directness and vivacity.
*
i have five poems ready to be sent out. about freaking time. i haven't sent out in a long time.
*
One day the closets were empty.

Another day the mirrors were.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Get those suckers out there!

I think January's a good time to send. With the triple threat of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, the readers are back and ready to get rejecting (amidst of course the few acceptances for every journal).

But I've never read for a journal beyond undergrad, so what the hell do I know?

Leslie said...

Tank you berry much, E!