If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Vital Stats of a Poet

32 Poems is spreading a new meme. Here's my crack at it.

Age when I decided I wanted to be a writer: 26
Age when I wrote my first short story: I wrote my first poem at age 26.
Age when I first got my hands on a good word processor: hmm. high school. a brother.
Age when I first submitted a short story to a magazine: i first submitted poems the very year i started writing. 1998. man, those poems were terrible.
Rejections prior to first short story sale: hmm. shouldn't the language in this meme be changed? i don't write fiction!! i was rejected, i think, about 5 time before a small journal picked up a poem. i was thrilled. what was the name of that journal? The Want Bone Review? I remember that Spinning Jenny rejected me.
Age when I sold my first short story: See above.
Approximate number of short stories sold: None.
Age when I first sold a poem: sold? well, i got two isses of some small journal in 1998. I "sold" my first poem in 1998!
Poems sold: 30 something.
Year I first published a book: not yet.
Books published or delivered and in the pipeline: one.
Number of titles in print: zero.
Age now: 18. really.

that was a strange meme!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I can't wait to read your short stories! ;-)