I found this link over at Corn Shake's blog. It's a luck-of-the-draw contest for a week-long residency in Costa Rica!? No entry fee. No writing samples. Nothing. Nada. Though you must be an MFA student or MFA graduate to enter.
If you win you get:
• Round-trip Airfare between Miami/Ft Lauderdale, Florida and San José, Costa Rica,
• Round-trip transportation between Juan Santamaria airport and the 4-star, eco-friendly Docelunas Resort in Jaco Beach, Costa Rica
• All meals at Docelunas (alcoholic drinks are not included)
• Single accommodations (private room with a king size bed)
• Fully guided zip-line tour through the rain forest (or another excursion of your choice)
• Weeklong writing retreat led by Robin Hemley, Xu Xi, Sue Silverman and Vanessa Blakeslee during the weeks of May 16th-June 13th—you choose the week.
It sounds too good to be true, no? I wonder if there's a catch. You would think that writers like Robin Hemley and Sue Silverman wouldn't get involved in a scam.
Are you going to enter? I did. What the hell. Maybe I'll find myself a man who speaks Spanish.