If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Torn

An Ecuadorean immigrant was declared brain dead after being savagely beaten by attackers who shouted anti-gay and anti-Hispanic slurs at him and his brother, who were walking arm in arm, a law enforcement official said Tuesday.

I thought of C. Dale's poem Torn while reading this article. I wish I could be the speaker in his poem. I wish I could "sew up" these two brothers.

My heart goes out to the family.

2 comments:

Barbara Jane Reyes said...

Goodness! This is the second piece of anti-immigrant violence towards an Ecuadorian American in NY that I have heard in the last couple of weeks. Thanks for this. I've fw'ed the article to Oscar.

C. Dale said...

I saw the article this morning before I left for work. It made me so sad.