If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Friday, December 05, 2008

Bits

I'm currently reading the spring/ summer 2008 issue of Hayden's Ferry Review. And it doesn't suck. In fact, I like the art and the poems in the issue. Color me surprised.
*
A Radiohead song justed ended on my iPod. Hmm. I wonder what's next? Ha. A Rhianna song!
*
I was having a crappy day yesterday. Worrying and worrying about something. But then kindness and generosity knocked on my door.
*
Another article written by somebody who doesn't know a thing about the poetry world: BU staffer Kerri French, a North Carolina native whose day job is College of Arts and Sciences philosophy department coordinator, recently received career-making recognition: inclusion in 2008 Best New Poets: 50 Poems from Emerging Writers...

Did you cringe afer reading that? I sure did. Career-making??!! Ha. Triple ha.
*
I stayed in all day today. Too cold to go outside.
*
The Tulip Thief, Mi Amor
*
I'm sure even Kerri French rolled her eyes when she read the article. She sounds like a sensible poet in the interview. Kerri, let's be Facebook friends!

5 comments:

Keith said...

There's a ton of good stuff in that HLR issue.

Keith said...

HLR? I meant HFR.

Booktender said...

re: ipod phenomenon. I call this "what's next" thing "life on shuffle."

Steph R said...

Ha, has Kerri seen this post? I'm linking her ...

Anonymous said...

do you mean to tell me that best new poets didn't instantly deliver you a career? or does that not happen until after best american poetry?

oh my. how did you manage to come across this article?! i didn't think anyone outside of my mother would be reading this.

-kerri