If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

He speaks

Deborah Ager is not a blogger. She's a gossip columnist:

In other news, I was going to blab that I’ll be a writer’s residency at the same time as _____, a fellow blogger, and then I realize he (yes, a ‘he’ is all I’ll reveal at this point) might not want to blab about his good fortune just now. So, I’ll blab about mine. I was accepted to a residency. Whee!

He is I. I am he.

I will be spending about two months this winter at The Virginia Center for the Creative Arts. I've never been to this colony. I'm looking forward to my time there. And it will be cool to be there with another blogger.

I'm so lucky.

A writing studio. A comfy bed. An indoor pool. Fields. Breakfast and dinner
prepared for me. Lunch delivered to my studio. Nothing to do but read and write.

Correction: I'm blessed.

5 comments:

Diane K. Martin said...

I'm going to VCCA too! When will you be there?

Anonymous said...

You ARE blessed, ese.

Now go make it right/write/Rite.

La bola is waiting...

Un Vato C/S/R

Alison said...

An indoor pool?! F-ing A. I had no idea. I'm applying.

Cheers and congrats,
Ali

Jehanne Dubrow said...

Eduardo,
You'll love the VCCA. This past February, I was there for four weeks and finished one and half manuscripts. The food is tasty, the view lovely. I'm jealous--wish I could go back right away. Have a wonderful time!

Porochista Khakpour said...

i'm going to VCCA for the first time too! May 11-June 7.Now I wish I had asked for a longer time--I had no idea about the indoor pool!