If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bits

For some reason I thought this week was fall break at Bucknell. It's not.
*
Good poetry blog: Robert Peake.
*
I have a small batch of poems ready to go out but I just can't make myself send them out. I wonder why? I like seeing my poems in journals. Most importantly: I like sharing that space with other writers. But I just don't have that submission fire anymore. I don't know why. I should have that fire. I want to keep my work out there. I want to share my work.
*
The chicken I roasted yesterday was great. Tasty. Simple to make. And now I got a lot of chicken leftovers for sandwiches.
*
What a cute cat! And her name is Face. I miss having a cat around. Correction: I missing have a nice cat around. Some of the cats I had as a child were wonderful pets. The two cats my parents now have are not wonderful pets. One won't let anyone touch her. The other is like five minutes away from death.
*
I can't wait for 7AM to roll around. I'm going out for some coffee.
*
I just realized my right foot is bare. The left foot has a sock on. Ha. How did that happen? No wonder my right foot is cold.
*
Linda Pastan captures the sound of mortality in “The Deathwatch Beetle,” echoing Poe's “The Tell-Tale Heart.”
*
New crush: Christian Anderson.
*

3 comments:

Robert said...

I know what you mean. But poems don't publish themselves...

Keith said...

Send those suckers out!

With all the great journals accepting submissions via submission manager or email now, you can send to a bunch of good places without spending a dime, which is a huge plus.

Stephanie King said...

She is a cute cat! :) And the name suits her. I was so lucky to snap such an appropriate picture of her on the first try.

You should get a cat!