If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Strong Coffee Bits

Like Obama, I grew up with a loving, hard-working single mom, in a neighborhood mixed with all races and different backgrounds. And like Obama, I knew that was our strength and not our weakness.

Cyndi Lauper endorses Barack Obama for President.
*
Just had two cups of strong coffee. I'm going to be up all night. Whoa: my head is starting to ache.
*
Brent is going to AWP Chicago. But I'm not. Damn.
*
Cute cat!
*
Originally-scheduled judge Lucille Clifton was forced to cancel her participation due to work load and scheduling conflicts.
*
Note to self: Don't drink strong coffee this late at night ever again.
*
The Last Supper of Chicano Heroes: Selected Works of José Antonio Burciaga.
*
I'm close to finishing a poem that I've been working on for over two years. The subject? La Llorona.
*

2 comments:

stacebro said...

Thanks for posting the update about Cider Press. Did you notice they have new Terms and Conditions? You have to agree that all communication between you and the editors "belongs" to the editors and cannot be made public or given to a third party. A gag order ahead of time, as it were. Unbelievable.

Brent Goodman said...

Double damn.