If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, September 13, 2008

MFA Blog

I am 22 years old (currently), and recently graduated from the University of West Florida in Pensacola with a Bachelor's Degree in English. I currently live in Corvallis, Oregon--a small town approximately one hour south of Portland with my beautiful fiance and two cats. My reason for being so far from home is quite the topic for discussion, and therefore this blog will be dedicated to it. I enrolled at Oregon State University as a graduate student, pursuing an MFA in creative writing, poetry. Part of this blog will display some of the experiences I have while chasing this degree, along with news updates concerning events, readings, festivals, etc.

3 comments:

Keith said...

I have a feeling there are going to be WAY too many of these boring things out there soon enough. Everyone's experience will be different. Dive in or don't. No one will care about your work anyway, which is the best thing to know going in, and coming out.

That's the beginning and end of my new blog on the MFA experience.

Eduardo C. Corral said...

"no one will care about your work..."

you sound bitter. maybe people don't care about your work.

i hope this guy will find a community at his mfa program that will care about his writing.

i'm a pollyanna.

Keith said...

No, it's not bitterness. No one cares about your work. No one cares about mine. But I'm still going to write.

I'm sure he'll find a community getting his MFA as all of us do, but a blog dedicated to it? One of the many, many folks who are in MFA programs. Everyone's becoming a number these days it seems.