If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, September 15, 2008

Breakfast Bits


*
I'm blogging from Cherry Alley Cafe. I just had a good cup of coffee and a so-so breakfast. The tortillas were store bought and the cheese was that processed shit. But the eggs topped with sour cream, orange tomatoes and red beans were good. I know the photograph is kinda of blurry, but a so-so breakfast doesn't deserve a glamour shot.
*
Looking good, Anne!
*
Lots of depressing news last week. A good time to count the blessings in one's life.
*
I'm reading the summer 2008 issue of Colorado Review. Gary L. McDowell has a terrific poem in the issue. Love these lines: "Maybe when the days are long/ and the nights are warblers."
*
Blessing: my family which I miss very much.
*
Oh, no! Sorry to hear about this, Josh.
*
I have my earphones on but I can still hear all the conversations around me.
*
Blessing: this semester at Bucknell. Here I am drinking and blogging at a cafe. I can spend hours here. There's no rush. I don't have to teach or grade papers. I'm free to work on my art. This fact still stuns me.
*
I just sent off my application for a VCCA residency. Keeping my fingers crossed.
*
I do miss teaching though.
*
There's a very cute guy sitting across from me! Okay, I almost shouted that instead of just typing it. Sad.
*
Currently listening to: The Killers.
*
There's alot of arty types in this cafe. Down with berets!
*
Blessing: this beautiful day.
*
Paula Bohince sent me a nice note last week. I loved the stationary she used. I pinned the card to one of my doors. Thank you, Paula.
*

2 comments:

garylmcdowell said...

Thank you, Eduardo! So glad you liked the CR poem. Sweet of you to mention it here.

Ron said...

Mmmm... do they have scones? I love scones. Or what pass for scones in these parts. These here parts. thish here necko da woodzes. I'm wolfing down a Kashi bar between my 2nd & 3rd class. Wish you were here (and I were there--HA!)