If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Black Thumb Bits

New vice: carmel cream coffee.
*
The mums I bought three weeks ago have already died. I have a black thumb.
*
I'm surrounded by talented writers. Most of you know the fine work of GC Waldrep but keep an eye out for the work of K.A. Hays.
*
Currently listening to: Juan Gabriel.
*
Adam Zagajewski reads here next week. Can't wait. I've been reading and reading this poem for the past few months. I want to write a line as beautiful, as mysterious as this: "Black cinemas crave light."
*
Have you checked out the beautiful photographs taken by Simmons B. Buntin?
*

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I love that Adam Z. poem! I've sent it to my friend teaching a lit class on Eastern Euro poets.

I find it intriguing and fantastic that AZ still writes in Polish. Most of the little e.Euro poems I've read in translation have such a succinct lucidity to them. And with such easiness.

I guess I see that in a lot of translated work. I think Americans and French writers sometimes are too amorous with our words.