If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Turkey Chili Bits


I went grocery shopping yesterday. I didn't bring a car, but Bucknell is letting me borrow a car once a week. I was a bit nervous driving a university car: no scratches or accidents please! But it all went okay.
*
This semester I'm going to eat out less often. At Colgate I ate out once or twice a day. My food budget is more modest this year but I'm going to turn that into a positive. I'm going to learn how to make simple dishes for myself. Tonight I made turkey chili and cornbread. It was very tasty! And I even have a plenty of leftovers. Hello, lunch.
*
Mini-essay: Kazim Ali.
*
Currently listening to "Only You" by Yaz.
*
My office is right next to GC Waldrep's. Are you jealous?
*
The Stadler Poetry Center has a fantastic poetry library. I was hyperventaling as I scanned the shelves.
*
I also bought two plants yesterday. Orange mums for the living room. And a fern-like plant for the kitchen. I hope they don't wither on my watch. I don't have a green thumb.
*
I probably won't be spending a lot of time at my office. I used my Colgate office a lot. Mostly because I didn't have Internet access in my apartment but here I have WiFi. Why is that important? I need to be connected to the Internet when I revise.
*
I stayed indoors all day today.
*

2 comments:

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Start fluffing my pillow. I'm coming to visit soon...

greg rappleye said...

Looks great!

I am coming over for lunch.