If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Stacey Lynn Brown on Cider Press Review

You have to read this. And after you read it, please link to it on your blog.

Early on, the editor had asked me if I would hire (pay) her to design my personal website. At first, I thought sure, why not? It would streamline the whole process. But in June, as we discussed it and she showed me some mockups, I realized that she wasn't going to be able to do what I needed for her to do, so I told her I was going to go in a different direction and get someone else to do it. From that moment on, EVERYTHING changed. And got really, really contentious.

1 comment:

Marsuplialus said...

Let's not be quite so quick to accept Ms. Brown's version of events. There's a publisher's side to this as well. Everyone is quite horrified at how badly she was supposedly treated. True or false? Just because she says it doesn't make it so. Frankly, it's entirely possible that she's impossible to deal with and the publisher just wanted to be done with her.