If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mums!


Moved the mums from living room to front porch.
*
I should be asleep. I have coffee with Mizz X at 2PM today. I better set my cell phone alarm.
*
I've been listening to a lot of synth pop these past few days. Yaz. Erasure. Early Depeche Mode. I just discovered "The Sparrows and The Nightingales," a song from the early 90s performed by Wolfsheim. It's the perfect song for a rainy day. I love the driving drum beat and those waves of synthesizers crashing just before the chorus. Check it out on YouTube.
*
Sipping mint tea.
*
I'm not writing. It might be the move.
*
Currently reading:

The Fortunate Traveller by Derek Walcott
Spring by Oni Buchanan
And for Example by Ann Lauterbach
Science & Steepleflower by Forrest Gander
Eternal Enemies by Adam Zagajewski
Plasticville by David Trinidad
*
I can't stop listening to "Nobody's Diary" by Yaz. Perfect British synth pop.
*
Keith has too much time on his hands. But so do I. I often do what he's talking about.
*
Oh, oh, oh, oh. Remember "Pure" by The Lightning Seeds? What a great tune!
*
I might be wrong, but aren't most of Didi Menendez's blog comments curt and kinda of rude?
*
Does anybody else remember James? James was a British band from the 90s. I adored them.
*
I no longer think Bill Clinton is sexy.
*

6 comments:

Brent Goodman said...

You may like the new synth pop group "Fiction Company" then - http://www.myspace.com/fictioncompany

I just discovered them from the Napoleon Dynamite soundtrack and was surprised they weren't an 80's group. Enjoy!

Brent

Jordan said...

"What for! Tell me tell me what for."

Ah yes James.

Steven D. Schroeder said...

I agree with you re: Didi Menendez's comments. Read the same comment, thought the same thing. Scary...

Katie said...

Oh, that's me! I am Mizz X! I feel bolstered by the mention.

xx
Katie

Shin Yu said...

James and their lead singer Tim Booth are the best! And their t-shirts!

Glenn Ingersoll said...

James had a new album out this spring, Hey Ma. (See their big Wikipedia page.)

"she only comes when she’s on top"!