If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Not Your Father's Bits

Interview: Shara McCallum.
*
I actually kinda of like this.
*
In person, Olds is neat, elegant and contained. She is standing at the door of her apartment on the seventh floor as I arrive and is welcoming and relaxed as she makes me tea in her small back kitchen. But turning on the tape recorder makes her anxious and welds her arms to her stomach. Deeply private, she has hardly given any interviews. One of the few to be found online is from the New York Times in September 1999.
*
Next book buy: Jose Garcia Villa: Doveglion: Collected Poems
*
Firewheel Editions announces the inaugural Sentence Book Award and the return of the Firewheel Chapbook Award.
*
Ha!
*
Currently reading: The Bad Wife Handbook.
*

2 comments:

Steven D. Schroeder said...

I feel really bad about the ridiculous pun at the end of the second section. Not quite bad enough to remove it yet, but that's what drafts are for.

Collin said...

What the hell is The Guardian on about? I interviewed Olds a couple of years and she was great. They make her sound like a shut in.